Seminars & Retreats
Mutually Supportive, Happy, Healthy, and Empowered youth with an understanding of Military Life in the Ohio National Guard and Reserve Components throughout the State of Ohio.
To empower and support the social, emotional, and academic needs of Ohio National Guard Youth.
Our Military Kids (ppt)
Visit us on facebook at,
Ohio National Guard Strong Families for up to date offers and discounts on programs for military members!
State Youth Coordinator
Sue Ann Carroll
Cell Phone: 614-302-8227
OPERATION: Military Kids
Youth Program Specialist
Speak Out for Military Kids (SOMK)
SOMK is a community service opportunity for military and non-military youth to establish a speakers bureau to advocate for military connected youth affected by the Global War on Terrorism.
- Representation form all over the state.
- Representation from multiple organizations (4H, Boys and Girls Club).
- Some or all of the members are active members of the Ohio National Guard Youth Council (ONGYC).
- Goal - Youth to gain leadership, research, organization, and public speaking skills.
- Training will be in conjunction with leadership training for ONGYC.
- Representation from each of the Geographical 8 Regions throughout the state.
- All branches of services welcome.
- 1st Meeting was held at Youth Symposium in April 06'
- Youth created Deployment and Reunion video
- 2nd Meeting was during SOMK weekend retreat at Ohio State University.
- Next Meeting – December 29 - 30 (will meet quarterly their after).
- Goal – Continue to build a strong Youth Council.
- Create – Reunion and Educator video
Youth Steering Committee
- To provide guidance and direction to our Youth Council.
- Plan and execute Youth Programs regionally throughout the state (8 Geographic Regions).
- 2-3 Adult Contacts per region using existing FRG Volunteers and OMK/4H/B & G Clubs/etc volunteers.
- Committee will "Mirror" existing structure of our Family Readiness Joint Council.
For more information regarding the Ohio Air Guard please contact the State Youth Coordinator.