The Buckeye Guard
VIDEO NEWSCAST (8 to 10 minute video)
Ohio National Guard Soldiers and Airmen are always ready, always there as warfighters, homeland defenders, and supporters of partnerships. In order to be ready for the next mission, units conduct annual training. In this episode of the Buckeye Guard newscast, we’ve captured the action from across the state, the nation, and the world.
- The 37th Infantry Brigade Combat Team conducted a month-long rotation at Fort Polk's Joint Readiness Training Center in Louisiana.
- Airmen from the 178th Wing participated in a joint Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosives (CBRNE) exercise in Indiana.
- The 200th RED HORSE Squadron held a multi-day field training exercise at Camp Perry Joint Training Center.
- The 52nd Civil Support Team (Weapons of Mass Destruction) trained with about a dozen local, state, and federal agencies in responding to a “dirty bomb” explosion.
- Soldiers with the 1st Battalion, 174th Air Defense Artillery Regiment operated the Avenger Air Defense System and Sentinel Radar systems during exercise Forager 21 in Guam.
BUCKEYE GUARD NEWSCAST ARCHIVES
2020: Winter | Summer | Late Summer | Autumn | Dec
2019: Winter | Spring | Summer | Late Summer | Autumn | Late Autumn
2018: Jan | Feb| March | April | May June| July | Aug | Sept | Oct | Dec.
2017: Jan | Feb | March | April | May | June | July | Aug | Sept | Oct | Nov/Dec
DIGITAL MAGAZINE ARCHIVES
First place in the 2017 & 2018 Department of Defense (DOD) Media Merit Awards (DMMA) for online publications